According to Cantor, higher education is still talking about race because of the Jim Crow legacy. Cantor is saying that it is our failure to throw away this legacy. The nation was left so segregated that students do not meet as equals. From my own perspective, I think higher education is still talking about race because there are still racist people out there. Many people are judgmental and stereotype others just because of their race and it is a big problem in our society. If two people are looking for a job and both have the same qualifications, they shouldn't be looked at differently if one is white and the other is Hispanic. The evidence I draw on is from everywhere. Its in movies, on TV, etc. I also learned about stereotyping in my Sociology class in High School and how it goes on in everyday life.
No comments:
Post a Comment